This Butet Elastic Short Girth handmade in the Butet workshop in Saumur, France. Designed to fit the Butet Dressage, Cross Country and Monoflap Jump saddles, made of 100% natural, unbleached cotton and featuring roller buckles to avoid damage to the girth straps.
The Butet Elastic Short Girth features
- Natural elastic girth with full grain cow hide
- Available in Cachou with cachou stitching or Gold with white stitching
- Standard size is 45cm – this fits the vast majority of horses due to the elasticity of the girth
- Custom sizes available to order – please phone the office to discuss on 01869 346904 or email us here
- We can also order girths with a different colour stitching. Again, please contact the office to discuss – details above.
- If you want a leather girth instead, then we would recommend either Butet Short Comfort Girth or the Butet Short Comfort Girth with Clip
- Alternatively, if you want a stud guard, we would recommend the Butet CrossCountry Stud Guard
Please note that the because the outside of this girth – the grained leather – is different to the calfskin top flap that the Butet monoflap has, the girth can look lighter than the monoflap. The girth will tone down with use and cleaning – and you can speed this process up by using the Butet Akene Oil, which can be found here
When looked after, Butet leather will last a very long time. We recommend cleaning daily with Butet Akene Soap after removing the dirt and a weekly condition with Butet Akene Cream You can find our full range of leather care products here