Butet Akene Oil is a liquid paraffin based oil specially formulated to condition the leather of your Butet saddles, bridles and leatherwork. It prevents the leather from drying out and leaves it feeling soft and supple. Whilst it has been made for Butet leather, it’s a great treatment for any leather or saddle – thought it won’t make it a Butet!
This oil is great for treating leather before its first use or for treating older leather that needs a deep condition.
The Butet Akene Oil features:
- We recommend cleaning the leather first and then applying the oil with a brush. The oil should be applied in a circular motion.
- We recommend using the oil in conjunction with Butet Akene Cream and Butet Akene Soap
- Butet Soap should be used on a daily basis – or every time you use your tack
- Butet Akene Cream should be used on a weekly basis as a conditioner for your tack
- Butet Oil should be used as and when required, but in particular once your saddle has got wet. Leave the saddle to dry out completely. Don’t put the saddle next to a direct heat source, but allow it to dry naturally. Once dry, apply a liberal coating of oil. Once this has soaked in and dried, apply your Butet Soap or Cream as normal
- When a Butet saddle is made, it is oiled just before it leaves the Butet factory. This oiling process treats the leather and also darkens it significantly. For this reason, we wouldn’t suggest that a new saddle needs oiling before use – because it has already been done!