This Butet CrossCountry Stud Guard is calfskin lined leather and has been designed for use with single flap saddles with long girth straps. Handcrafted in the Butet workshop in Saumur, France, its outer surface is made of strong, durable cow hide, whilst the lining is made of supersoft calfskin. With a D-ring and carabiner clip to easily attach a martingale or breastplate to, the girth features the signature Butet elastic and comes complete with roller buckles to avoid damage to the girth.
The Butet CrossCountry Stud Guard features
- Full grain cow hide girth lined with calfskin
- Designed to protect the horses belly from stud injuries
- Available in Cachou with brown stitching and Gold with white stitching
- Other stitching colours available on request. Please contact us by calling 01869 346904 or email us
- Standard size is 55cm – this fits the vast majority of horses. We also sometimes hold longer sizes in stock.
- Custom sizes are available to order
- If you want a degree of protection but don’t need the full stud guard, consider the Butet Girth with Clip
Please note that the gold can be quite light in colour. To darken, we would recommend a couple of coats of Butet Akene Oil
We recommend cleaning the stud guard after each use with Butet Akene Saddle Soap by wiping off any dirt or grease and then applying the soap. Once a week, we suggest conditioning the leather with Butet Akene Leather Cream