The Mattes Correction Pad with Sheepskin was designed to help fit a saddle that is slightly out of balance. It is not a cure all solution and we therefore suggest you ask a saddle fitter for advice. Although lined with sheepskin, the pad is spine free, meaning there is a clear channel without sheepskin through the saddle’s gullet. This means the gullet isn’t narrowed by the pad. Mattes Correction Shims are provided for the pad’s front and rear pockets. Each pad includes 6 front and rear shims, with each pocket taking up to 6 shims, giving up to 30mm adjustment.
These pads are invaluable for a young horse changing shape, or a horse that changes shape throughout the season. Likewise, if sharing saddles between horses, the pad can be helpful for moving the saddle between horses.
- We stock the pad in Medium which fits Butet saddles from 17 – 18″.
- Small and Large Sizes are available to order, with a ten week lead time.
- Sheepskin lined, except along the spine, so the width through the saddle’s gullet is not narrowed.
- If you don’t want sheepskin – look at the Mattes Correction Pad
- If you want the look of sheepskin, but prefer being closer to your horse, check out the Mattes Pad with Sheepskin Collar & Cuff
- Available in Dressage or Show Jumping styles
- Available in Black or Brown, the sheepskin is natural in colour.
- Other colours are available to order, with a ten week lead time, please call 01869 346904 or email us