The Mattes Pad with Collar & Cuff was designed to help fit a saddle that is slightly out of balance. It is not a cure all product and we would suggest you ask a saddle fitter for advice. The pad has four pockets, front and back pockets on each side, into which you can place Mattes Correction Shims. Each pad includes 6 front shims and 6 back shims. You can fit up to 6 shims in each pocket, which gives you up to 30mm adjustment per pocket. These pads are invaluable if you have a young horse that is changing shape, or a horse that changes shape throughout the season. Equally if you have to share a saddle between horses, the pad can be a good solution to ensure that the saddle fits.
The Mattes Pad with Collar & Cuff features:
- We stock Medium Size which fits Butet saddles from 17 – 18″. Small and Large Sizes are available to order, with a ten week lead time.
- This pad is not lined with sheepskin, but has the sheepskin collar at the front and cuff at the back. This means you get the benefits of your close contact saddle still sitting close to the horse, with the aesthetic of a sheepskin pad.
- If you do want a pad lined with sheepskin – check out the Mattes Correction Pad with Sheepskin
- If you don’t want any sheepskin at all – look at the Mattes Correction Pad
- We stock the pads in a Show Jumping style, in Black or Brown. The sheepskin is natural in colour
- Other styles and colours are available to order with a ten week lead time, please call the office on 01869 346904 or email us