The Dy’on Collection Difference Bridle is made of beautiful quality Dy’on Grade 1 Catalan leather. The headpiece and browband are made of one piece of leather to take the pressure off the poll (the 1st and 2nd cervical vertebrae). Brass buckles complete the look of this bridle.
The “Difference” therapeutic bridle has been designed with a cut back head piece to avoid any pressure behind the horse’s ears which is a particularly sensitive area. Thanks to the exclusive shape of its headpiece and of the crossed throat lash, the bridle stays behind this neuralgic centre and relieves the most sensitive horses.
The design of the “Difference” range of bridles stems from the collaboration between Dy’on and Equality Line after an idea from Lisen bratt Fredericson and Peder Fredericson. It was designed to avoid any pressure on the poll, behind the horse’s ears which can be a particularly sensitive zone. It is noticeable that the pressure from a regular headpiece can create a real discomfort for some horses and generate communication problems between the rider and his horse. The “Difference” bridle aims to combat these problems.
HOW TO ADJUST A DY’ON COLLECTION DIFFERENCE BRIDLE
This bridle is designed to keep the headpiece at least one hand behind the base of the ears.
To maintain it in the right place, the throat lash should be adjusted very tight on each side and the “crossed piece” should be placed just between the noseband and the jawbone (see pictures).
As the straps are adjusted only on the cheeks and on the bony parts of the head, it does not generate any discomfort.
Every part of the head stays free of movement.
- Made from stunning Dy’on leather, vegetable tanned exclusively for Dy’on
- Headpiece and browband are made of a single piece to take the pressure off the poll
- A unique throat lash system is linked to the noseband to ensure that the headpiece sits behind the 2nd cervical vertebra. This throat lash must fit snugly against the cheeks as this is what is keeping the bridle on.
- 1/2″ (13mm) flash strap
- Cream Stitching with fancy stitching on the browband and noseband
- Brass Buckles
- Stainless steel billets
- Available in Cob and Full sizes. We also have one Pony size in stock, but once this has gone, it’s gone!
- Available in Black or Brown
If you want a therapeutic bridle, but want one that looks more conventional, then please check out the Dy’on X Fit Bridle here